PG TUTORS INC. – Terms and Conditions of Tutoring Contract
1. Legal Contract. By proceeding with your purchase of tutoring services, you understand and acknowledge that you are entering into a legally enforceable contract with PG Tutors Inc. (“PG Tutors”) and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as set out herein.
2. Fees. All tutoring sessions shall be purchased and paid for in advance through the PG Tutors website. You will not make any payments directly to the tutors.
3. Non-Refundable. All tutoring sessions purchased through the PG Tutors website shall be non-refundable. PG Tutors reserves the right to provide refunds at their sole discretion as determined on a case-by-case basis.
4. Non-Transferrable. All tutoring sessions are non-transferrable to other students outside of immediate family members. PG Tutors reserves the right to allow the transfer of pre-paid tutoring sessions to individuals outside of the purchaser’s immediate family at their sole discretion as determined on a case-by-case basis.
5. Scheduling. All scheduling of tutoring sessions shall be done through the PG Tutors website. Scheduling will be on a first come first serve basis. PG Tutors will make every effort to ensure reasonable availability of tutors but makes no guarantees of any particular availability. All tutoring sessions shall be a minimum of one (1) hour in duration.
6. Cancellation. Students must give a minimum of 24 hours’ notice of cancellation of a session. Failure to provide 24 hours’ notice of cancellation will result in the student being billed the full amount for the missed session. PG Tutors reserves the right to allow cancellation on less than 24 hours’ notice without a cancellation fee at their sole discretion as determined on a case-by-case basis. The student will not be billed for any sessions cancelled by the tutor. Any sessions cancelled on more than 24 hours’ notice or by the tutor will be rescheduled at a mutually acceptable time.
7. Location. Students may select whether sessions will be held virtually through video-conferencing technology or in person. If tutoring is to be done virtually, the student is responsible for ensuring they have access to a computer, internet connection and videoconferencing technology. Tutoring in person must be held within the city limits of Prince George, at either the student’s home or another public space. While PG Tutors aims to provide convenient and accessible tutoring services, if any tutor feels uncomfortable or unsafe at a student’s home, PG Tutors reserves the right to require the tutoring to occur at a neutral public location.
8. Student Obligations. The student must identify the subject area and level in which the student requires tutoring at the time of booking. The student agrees to come prepared with the necessary materials for each tutoring session (such as notebooks, writing instruments, computers, calculators, textbooks, etc.).
9. COVID-19. You agree to immediately notify PG Tutors if you or any of your immediate family members are directly or indirectly exposed to COVID-19, test positive for COVID-19, exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19 or travel outside of Canada. You agree to adhere to all provincial and federal COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines as may be in place from time to time during the tutoring sessions.
10. Qualification of Tutors. Tutors will have either a degree or have completed undergraduate level coursework in the area of study or have a degree in education.
11. No Guarantees or Warranties. PG Tutors does not guarantee any specific outcomes as a result of the tutoring services provided. PG Tutors will provide a tutor to help the student succeed, but the rest depends on the student.
12. Security. You acknowledge that PG Tutors cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of any information or communication sent or received over the Internet.
13. Liability. PG Tutors is not responsible or liable for any claims whatsoever arising from the conduct of the individual tutors or the use of PG Tutors’ tutoring services. By continuing with your purchase, you agree to waive any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs, or expenses resulting, directly or indirectly, from any act or omission of PG Tutors. The foregoing limitation shall apply even if PG Tutors knew or ought to have known of the possibility of such a claim.
14. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold PG Tutors and its agents, employees, directors, officers, and contractors, harmless against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses arising from your breach of the herein terms and conditions.
15. Minors. If the student is a legal minor, the student’s parent or guardian shall enter into this tutoring contract on behalf of the student and shall accept and agree to all terms and conditions contained herein.
16. Waiver of Breach. No waiver by either party with respect to any breach or default of this contract shall be deemed to constitute a continuing waiver of any other breach or default unless such waiver is expressed in writing and signed by both parties.
17. Entire Agreement. This contract represents the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the tutoring services provided. There are no other courses of dealing, understanding, agreements, representations, or warranties, written or oral, except as set forth herein.
18. Severability. The invalidity of any particular provision of this contract shall not affect any other provision of it, and the contract shall be construed as if the invalid provision had been omitted.
19. Applicable Laws. This contract shall be governed in all respects in accordance with the laws of British Columbia.